In view of the current Wuhan coronavirus (2019-nCoV) outbreak, it is prudent to be familiar with the suggested precautionary measures from the health authorities. Below is a health advisory from the Ministry of Health (26/01/2020):
Travellers and members of the public should adopt the following precautions at all times:
• Avoid contact with live animals including poultry and birds, and consumption of raw and undercooked meats;
• Avoid crowded places and close contact with people who are unwell or showing symptoms of illness;
• Observe good personal hygiene;
• Practise frequent hand washing with soap (e.g. before handling food or eating, after going to toilet, or when hands are dirtied by respiratory secretions after coughing or sneezing);
• Wear a mask if you have respiratory symptoms such as a cough, runny nose or shortness of breath;
• Cover your mouth with a tissue paper when coughing or sneezing, and dispose the soiled tissue paper in the rubbish bin immediately; and
• Seek medical attention promptly if you are feeling unwell.
As for the correct type of mask to wear for better protection, here's some infographics for insight:
*Props to JustKeepThinkingsg for the creative infographics.